Re: MGR-00072 package compilation error

From: AMARENDRA B NETTEM <nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu>
Date: 1998/01/29

Christophe SIERRA wrote:

> I try to create a package, but a warning message is displayed : "MGR-00072
> : warning : package created with compilation errors".
>
> The package is very simple : it is empty!!
>
> create package blob as
> procedure go(arg number);
> end;
>
> create package body blob as
> procedure go(arg number) is
> begin
> end;
> end;
>
> Does someone know what can cause this compilation error ?
> And about this code "MGR-00072" : I can't find precisions about it! What
> does it means?
>
> Thanks!
> Christophe SIERRA

 Hi,
You have to compile SPECIFICATION and BODY of a package separately.

create package blob as

    procedure go(arg number);
end;
/

create package body blob as

    procedure go(arg number) is
    begin
    end;
end;

Hope this helps
AMARENDRA B NETTEM

AMARENDRA B NETTEM
Oracle Certified DBA (OCP)
Whittman-Hart Inc.,
311 South Wacker Drive, Suite 3500
Chicago, IL 60606.

Residence:
-----------
5039 N E River Road,
Apt. 1A
NORRIDGE, IL 60656

Ph.No. (708) 583 9870 (H)
       (312) 913 6758 (W)

 E-mail:nettama_at_charlie.cns.iit.edu,
        anettem_at_whittman-hart.com

Homepage: http://www.iit.edu/~nettama

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those
of Whittman-hart Inc.