Re: what are in these archived redofiles?

From: Anbazhagan.G <anbu1_at_mbox3.singnet.com.sg>
Date: 1998/01/29

Hi ,
 The archived log files as the name suggests is a copy of the redo log files , copied by the ARCH process. The number of files generated depends on the log swiftches that are taking place. The idea of having the redo log files archived is for recovery of databases in case of database crash problems etc. Depending on your backup strategy you can delete the unwanted archived log files periodically , preferable after taking a backup of these files.

The log files contain the details of all the transactions that are taking place in your database.

Regards
Anbu

Michel Gauthier <qgmi1_at_qbc.clic.net> wrote in article <01bd2bf4$7dbfac50$b26054c7_at_qcqgmi1>...