Re: Default Oracle 8 Passwords?

From: Alexander G Bozhik <sander_at_isd.anet.donetsk.ua>
Date: 1998/01/29

Bill Baker <bbaker*@oo.net> wrote in
<34cfea11.338344994_at_news.halcyon.com>:

> Does anyone know what the default Oracle User Names and Passwords are?
> I just installed the downloadable version of Oracle 8 and I can't seem
> to find this anywhere.
> Many Thanks in Advance,
>
> Bill Baker
> bbakernospam_at_oo.net remove the nospam to reply
> Please reply by email also if you post an answer to the group.

Hi!

USER NAME PASSWORD

SYS                               CHANGE_ON_INSTALL
SYSTEM                       MANAGER
SCOTT                         TIGER
DEMO                           DEMO
DBSNMP                       DBSNMP
CTXSYS                        CTXSYS
MDSYS                          MDSYS
ORDSYS                       ORDSYS
INTERNAL  *                 ORACLE **

*)  INTERNAL is not a true user account; it is an alias for the SYS user
     account and SYSDBA privilege.

**)ORACLE is automatically the password for INTERNAL if you installed your  Oracle8 database using the Oracle8 Enterprise Edition option. If you installed
 your Oracle8 database using the Custom option, the password is whatever you
  entered when prompted during installation. ลก

Sincerely yours,

                             Alexander G Bozhik