Lock Monitor Question

From: Bill Ennis <ennis_at_starnetusa.com>
Date: 1998/01/28

Hi,

I have a question regarding monitoring locks at the row level within Oracle. I'm using the v$lock table and am able to reference the all_objects table (with v$lock.id1 = all_objects.object_id) and find out basically what resource is being locked at a high level of granularity (i.e. Table name). However, I have been unable to track this down to the row level.

I have a test program that performs a SELECT ... FOR UPDATE. It turns out that the select returns 2 rows. However, when I query the v$lock table for locks for this user I only see 1 exclusive lock. I would expect
to see one exclusive lock for each row in the query set. Am I looking in the wrong place or is this something that is not available?

Thanks,
Bill Received on Wed Jan 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CST