Oracle Web Application Server 3.x & Netscape Enterprise Server 2.01

From: Brendan Newman <brnewma_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1998/01/28

Does anyone use owas 3.x & netscape enterprise server (as a listener) together on NT 4.0? If so, I need help because I can only write PL/SQL procedures and run them under the owas administrative pages. But when I try to run them on port 80 I get "Internal error" or "URL not found", etc. How do you configure the Netscape obj.conf (netscape) and the svadmin.cfg (owas) files to handle the request? Sometimes when I try to change the settings in the Netscape administrative pages and apply them, the listener crashes, like adding a virtual directory mapping to the obj.conf file when the mapping already exists in the svadmin.cfg file...

EXAMPLE: I want to run PL/SQL procedure "example" - normally would like to try: "http://bis.bisdomain/production/example", and the stored procedure should execute and generate the web page using the "htp" package. Do I have to create the procedure under my WWW_DBA or WWW_USER users, or can I also create the procedure under the other users?

Any help on this matter would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance. Brendan Received on Wed Jan 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CST