Re: Installing Oracle 8.0.3

From: Casper Thrane <partyfreak_at_forum.dk>
Date: 1998/01/28

remove nospam Alain Barrette wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 17:15:35 +0100, Juergen Stienecke <stien_at_dicad.de>
> wrote:
>
> >today I tried to install on Oracle8 Database.
> >After Installing server I tried to configure database alias using
> >'SQL*Net8 Easy Config'.
> >This program always gets an execption in JAVA.EXE.
>
> Hi,
>
> I too went on installing 8.0.3 under NT, and I did get the same crash.
>
> At first, I think it was because the NT was a french version and
> Oracle was an english version. Is your setup similar ?
>
> Did you find an answer to this bug ?
>
> Since I cannot configure Net8, access from the network is impossible,
> so it is unusable. Quite a "premiere" for an Oracle product !!!

Hi!

I have the same problem with Java and Oracle 8. I am running English versions of both the products.
It is not true that you can't configurer Net8. You simply install the oracle net8 server.

It will configurer it self. If you want access to the server from the server through Net8 you have to use SQL*Net easy configuration to create your tnsnames.ora. Then you copy the file the "Net8\admin" directory, and then you have access to the server through net8. But remember to start the right listener on the server.
If you install both Net8 and SQL*Net, you will get two listeners, but I have only managed to start one at the time.

I would also like a solution to the problem with the java on NT.

Casper Received on Wed Jan 28 1998 - 00:00:00 CST