Re: Vax RDB 6.1 and Oracle 7.3 on same system - Possible?

From: <ketanindia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/01/28

Hi Chuck, Yes you can run Rdb and Oracle together. But I did try this with Rdb 7, Oracle 7.1 and OpenVMS 6.2. I did not do any extra setup other than installing Oracle. There were no problems apart from one which is to apply a patch on OpenVMS 6.2 for starlet.olb. I think the patch number is ALPACRT_62 but u may want to check with Oracle support for that as I am not 100% sure. Hope ur migration goes on smooth.

Ketan Shah
Sr. COnsultant.
Mellon Bond Associates.