Re: Enterprise Manager

From: <Mr_DBA_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1998/01/28

You should not be loggin into OEM with sys account. Read OEM documentation for detail, but the general order of you actions should be like this: 1. Create repository tablespace in the database (20Mb will be enough). 2. Create user account in Oracle for OEM user (repository account) and grant connect, resource, dba, snmpagent to this user (I appologize if I omitted something). Make sure you specify repository tablespace as a default for this user. 3. Create NT user account with the same userid / password as repository account. Make sure this account is in the administrators group. Then go to user rights, select advanced rights and grant "logon as batch job" to this account - you will need it to run Oracle Intelligent Agent. 4. Restart (it it is already running) Oracle Agent. When it's down, delete *.q files from ORACLE_HOME\network\agent directory. 5. Log into OEM using that account/password. It will create repository (in repository tablespace, of course).

In short, do not use "SYS as SYSDBA".