Installing Oracle 8.0.3

From: Juergen Stienecke <stien_at_dicad.de>
Date: 1998/01/27

Hi all,

today I tried to install on Oracle8 Database. After Installing server I tried to configure database alias using 'SQL*Net8 Easy Config'.
This program always gets an execption in JAVA.EXE. We are using WinNT4.0 service pack 3.
Installed was the Internet Explorer 3.2. Because we couldn't read online-docu we installed netscape 3.1: Now java in documentation was better, but SQL*NET just ends in JAVA.EXE.

Do we have to install Client Software on this computer, too ?

Greetings

Juergen Stienecke

 mailto:stien_at_dicad.de
         /^\

 Software GmbH               Tel +49-2203-9313-0
 Theodor-Heuss-Str. 92-100   Fax              -199
 D-51149 Koeln               http://www.dicad.de/