HELP: VB/RDO/ODBC - Performance problems

From: Raghunath Sapuram <raghu_at_tkg.com>
Date: 1998/01/27

I have a VB/rdo/ODBC application connecting to Oracle 7.3 on AIX. SQL*Plus and other Oracle tools provide an arraysize parameter to maximize data transfer. Is there a way to do this from a VB application?

I have set SDU to about 5200 and I still find that the server is sending

about 860 bytes (on a specific query) and waiting for an acknowledgement

from the client app. before he sends the next packet of another 860 bytes.

Also, will using out of band breaks help me? (The oracle doc. tells me that this will improve performance..but I can't figure it where and how to specify this ..Is this possible at all from a VB program?)

HELP!!!!!
Thanks,

--
Raghunath Sapuram     raghu_at_tkg.com