Re: ora-7445 Oracle dump

From: Qiang Ming Tan <tanq_at_IRO.UMontreal.CA>
Date: 1998/01/27

I read the trace-files but they can not help to determine what caused the error. Surely it isnot the query itself, or the PL/SQL procedure. This procedure has been run thounsands of times. There are five times that the oracle dumps (ora-07445)occurred. Moreover, the dumps occurred only after the max extents for one of the related tables were exceeded. (When the max extents were increased and the analysis were done, the dumps still occurred. However, the dumps cannot been duplicated.)

I believe this is an Oracle's bug. What is interesting why always in this specific query the oracle dump is caused by this bug.

In my last post, I am sorry there are some spelling errors.