Re: Changing MAX EXTENTS on an object?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1998/01/26

Sean,

I just checked the DBA Handbook and couldn't find an easy answer.

It looks like you will have to go the the export/import route. Do an export with ROWS = N to create the DDL needed to rebuild the tables you plan on exporting. Then run the export with ROWS = Y to actually create the .dmp file. Check out the DDL to see if MAXEXTENTS are specified. If so and you are in luck since you can do global edit.

If not drop the tables. Change the default storage clause MAXEXTENTS for the tablespace, run the DDL to recreate the tables, and then import the .dmp file.

Regards

Jerry

--
Jerry Gitomer        Computers and cameras
jgitomer_at_p3.net      One for the money, one for the fun