Re: Changing MAX EXTENTS on an object?

From: Greg Parsons <parsons_at_intermetrics.com>
Date: 1998/01/26

Hi,

        This isn't prime-time, but the idea is the same and relatively straight forward. Get into Sqlplus (or similar product), set head off, set spooling to a file and then create a select that looks similar to below. You may still need to edit the spool file slightly after completion to remove page breaks or what ever you don't want - but that's the idea.

        Whenever I do this, I always run it against the test instance first and I strongly suggest doing so, to be sure what your script doesn't perform some damage that you don't anticipate.

select 'alter table', table_name,
       'storage(min', min_extents,
       'max'....

  from dba_tables <or user_tables>