Oracle Names problems

From: Don Brown <don_brown_at_rl.gov>
Date: 1998/01/26

Has anyone experienced a problem with Oracle Names where it simply stops serving out names? I have three names servers running and the one at the top of the sqlnet.ora list seems to just stop sometimes. This is on a Solaris 2.5.1 system with Oracle 7.3, namesctl 2.0.3. If the server were down, sql*net fails over to one of the other servers okay, but in this case, it simply reports that it is unable to resolve the name. My developer is getting a little frustrated with it as it works well for a while, then suddenly stops.

Any help would be appreciated,

Don
Lockheed Martin Services, Inc.
(509) 376-6990
don_brown_at_rl.gov Received on Mon Jan 26 1998 - 00:00:00 CST