Re: Multithreaded Server setting for Oracle Listener

From: RED DAYZ <reddayz_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/01/25

>We configured a oracle 7.3.3 db running in multithread server mode (MTS).
>But we cannot find any information on how to setup the Listener service for
>MTS.
>And there are something strange, we start the MTS db without listener setup
>for it.
>We could connect to the MTS db thru SQL*Net !!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last year I installed and configuired an Oracle 7.3.3 database in MTS mode. However, I did not have to configuire the "Listener" file to tell it that it is MTS mode. However, I did have to comment out a couple of lines on the bottom of the file, because the Listener ports kept changing on me. (an Oracle Bug).

Satar Naghshineh
Oracle DBA / Unix System Admin
satarnag_at_microcad.com Received on Sun Jan 25 1998 - 00:00:00 CST