Re: Help! Corrupt data file

From: RED DAYZ <reddayz_at_aol.com>
Date: 1998/01/25

Trust me, if your datafiles smelled fishy...Oracle would not let you come back up. If you're worried that you might have corrupt blocks in your datafile(s), do a full export. If there is corruption in the datafiles, the export will fail. Also, can you disable the primary constraint, then drop the indexes and re-create them? Another thing, is Oracle creating dump files that are complaining of failed reads or writes? Hope I pointed you into the right direction and not into darkness.

Satar Naghshineh
Oracle DBA / Unix System Admin
satarnag_at_microcad.com