Re: fragmentation

From: Adrian Shepherd <Adrian.Shepherd_at_BTINTERNET.COM>
Date: 1998/01/25

If you are going to drop all the objects in the tablespace , you may as well drop the table space and re-create it. As far as I am aware , the alter tablespace coalesce command will only make sequential/contiguous extents into a single extent. I dont think it will make the extents in an empty tablespace coalesce into a single extent...

But then again I would like to be proved wrong on this one, I am off to test this out...

Regards

Adrian
<823.327T259T12402294_at_rheingau.netsurf.de>...