Expanding table space systWG73.dbf?

From: Chin Fang <fangchin_at_leland.Stanford.EDU>
Date: 1998/01/24

I recently assumed the role of the DBA of an Oracle WorkGroup 7.3 database server on a Sun machine in my group. Initially I thought the table space is autoexpanding, so didn't pay much attention to the monitoring of this aspect.

This morning, a colleague informed me via email that he was having problems generating certain reports. I used the Oracle Enterprise Manager web interface to look at all critical items. One thing immediately caught my eyes: the usage of the SYSTEM table space is nearly 90%.

How can Oracle claims that this is autoexpanding and yet the usage has gone up to 90%?

I would like to solve the problem as soon as possible. I don't trust the web interface Oracle Enterprise Manager (used it for back up and it didn't do anything good. I resorted to shell script and command line svrmgrl instead), so can anyone give me some tips/hints as to what I should do in this case. I am willing to dig into the manuals, but a pointer to the right direction would be much helpful!

Thanks,

Chin Fang
fangchin_at_leland.stanford.edu Received on Sat Jan 24 1998 - 00:00:00 CST