Re: Do we have enough power for Oracle ?

From: George Dau <gedau_at_isa.mim.com.au>
Date: 1998/01/24

han_at_dataprompt.com (Weihan Chang) wrote:

]Hi,
]We are running Oracle 7.3.2.1.0 on Sun UltraSparc E3000 with 128M RAM
]and 3 168MHz UltraSparc CPU's. Applications are Pro*C. There will be
]40 users currently logging in running Pro*C applications.
]My questions, is our CPU power and RAM enough for this work load ?
]Anyone who has similar setup, please help.
]Thanks.

Depending on database size, how it's accessed etc, and how many _concurrent_ users, and the size of your Pro*C apps, that 128Meg of RAM could look a bit thin. We are about to get two E3000 and are in the process of doing the sizing now.

--
 ,-,_|\   George Dau,                                             __
/    * \  Unix (Solaris, DEC Unix, Linux), NT, Oracle, Internet. (OO)