Error to start an instance

From: Alan Hou <r33295_at_email.sps.mot.com>
Date: 1998/01/23

I just install Oracle server 7.3.3.0.0 on windows NT 4.0 and create a startup database following the installation instruction. I failed to start an instance.

the Service running on NT is
OracleServiceORCL,OracleStartORCL and OrcleTNSListener. But when I try to start OracleAgent, it gives error message box:

Could not start the Oracle Agent Service on \\ALAN_HOU Error 0003: The system cannot find the path specified.

After running the svrmgr23.exe, type in connect internal. It asked me for password. then type in password and it is said connected to an idle instance.

If type in show sga or something else, then give the error message: ORA-01012: not logged on If type in startup [PFILE="c:\Orant\Database\Initorcl.ora"] nomount then give the error message:
LCC-00161: ORACLE error <possible syntax error> parameter [NULL] ORA-01031: insufficient proviledge

any ideas? Thanks in advance

--
Best Regards
Alan Hou