Re: How to Display mesg. during SQLPlus login?

From: Chakravarthy KM Nalamotu <kittu_at_Hawaii.Edu>
Date: 1998/01/23

I am sorry! could you let me know how I can execute the procedure? I cannot put in login.sql since I do not have acess to all the client machines. Instead I would like to execute the moment they log in. Basically, we have n number of databases with all different shutdown schedules, what I am thinking of doing is print a message out to the users who log on to the database, with a schedule of database shutdowns.
How can I accomplish this?
Thanks,
  Kittu.

ajitsingh_at_hotmail.com wrote:
: >
: > Hello Oracle Users,
: > How would I display a message when a client user
: > connects to the database, something similar to
: > glogin.sql, but specific to a database.
: > Thank you for your replies.
: > Kittu.

: Hi,

: One possible approach: (a) create a database procedure which checks for
: the instance name from v$instance and displays a corresponding message.
: (b) execute the procedure from login.sql (if using sqlplus) on the client
: m/c or execute it from the client application.

: I hope this helps.
: Ajit

: http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Post to Usenet