Drastic performance drop in DB links

From: <rich_tefft_at_esd.tracor.com>
Date: 1998/01/23

I have (2) v7.2.3 instances on a Sun UltraEnterprise II server. In each instance, I have a private DB link to the corresponding account on the other. Passwords are hard-coded into the links. Performance has been great, almost no difference when selecting data across the link. (Distributed option only installed). Over the last 2 days or so, performance across the link has dropped tenfold. The links work, but performance is nearly useless. This occurs even when the machine has near zero load and I am the only one on it. No changes to the O/S, Oracle, or databases have been made.

The SQL*Net connection uses TCP/IP to connect back to the local host, so I don;t see how it could be network problem. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated! Please email to Rich_Tefft_at_ESD.TRACOR.COM. Thanks.

Rich Tefft
Database Administrator
Tracor systems Technologies, Inc.