Re: HELP: Trial Install of WGS 7.3 Fails on NT

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1998/01/23

Hi Mike,

Check the log file that is created during the install process. I am not sure where it is on NT, but it does exist. I suspect that you will find that the control files are not being created either because you are out of space or the username you are using when you install doesn't have write permissions. The log file should help you find the problem.

When it comes to installing software I am a fumble fingered clod, yet I managed to install 7.3 on NT 4.0 in less than three hours. (Next time I won't declare such big datafiles when I create my tablespaces.)

Another thing you can do is select NOT to have the installer create the database and then create it by hand. (You can use the svrmgr to do this). As far as I am concerned the biggest advantage of doing so is that I can set up with a reasonable number of datafiles instead of the 20 datafile default value that Oracle uses on NT.

Jerry

--
Jerry Gitomer        Computers and cameras
jgitomer_at_p3.net      One for the money, one for the fun