HTTP File Upload in PL/SQL

From: Adam W. Dace <awd_at_enteract.com>
Date: 1998/01/23

Hello everyone!

We currently have a perl program handling our file upload operations, and, in the spirit of integration, we wish to rewrite the code in PL/SQL.

The problem is, I'm hard pressed to find any reference to HTTP Upload on Oracle's Support website, and am hoping someone out there has done this before.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, here's some relevant, but shortened HTML:

<form method="POST" action="/cgi-bin/file_upload.cgi"
 enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input type="file" size="25" name="filename">
<input type="reset" value="Reset">
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Process File">
</form>

Now, assuming one changes the 'action' to point to a OWS-driver PL/SQL procedure, it should be possible, somehow, to receive the file on the server side of things.

Does anyone know how to do this, or where I might find this information?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Adam W. Dace <awd_at_fastparts.com>
Software Programmer
FastParts, Inc. Received on Fri Jan 23 1998 - 00:00:00 CST