Linking problems for OCI/Pro*C on HP-UX using aCC

From: Dave Landry <davelandry_at_capitalone.com>
Date: 1998/01/22

I'm using the "aCC" compiler supplied by HP on HP-UX 10.20 since I needed an ANSI C++ compiler, though right now I'm still writing just ANSI-C. Oracle says that aCC is supported for 7.3.3 but I can't link to two Oracle functions. I get this:

     /opt/aCC/lbin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
        sqlglm(char *,int *,int *) (code)
        sqlcxt(void **,unsigned long *,sqlexd *,const sqlcxp *) (code)

I've used the proc.mk file from Oracle, changing only a Pro*C flag from code=cpp to code=ansi_c. But it seems nothing I try can get it to link to those two functions. I've reported this to Oracle and they gave me many things to try, but nothing works and so they're calling it a bug. But they're slow with a fix so I'm looking around to see if anyone else uses the aCC compiler on HP-UX and if they have had any success with it.

It was originally a Pro*C program, and I tried rewriting it as OCI (what the hell - it's a small program and I learned how to use OCI) but I get a similar message for each OCI function.

Then I took the same OCI program and used MS-VC++ and it compiles, links, & runs just fine - but this needs to run on HP-UX, not a desktop ! Received on Thu Jan 22 1998 - 00:00:00 CST