Re: How to create an oracle which can only export/import data

From: raman batra <rrbatra_at_feist.com>
Date: 1998/01/22

You could create a dummy user and grant exp_full_database and imp_full_database
role, besides connect to the dummy user. Actually you could give those roles
to a real user too.

Once those are done, use a profile with a password. You can grant the profile
to the user in a C exe which the user would have to run before getting the
privileges. Or you could just grant the role and then take it away later on.

Not sure about the last one. I think the person with imp_full_database would drop
the objects if the import did not contain the objects. However, I don't think the user
can drop the object through an interactive login such as SQL Plus. I could be wrong
here. Have to try this.

Have fun,

Raman Batra