Problem with UTL_FILE

From: Ren Watanabe <renw_at_grace.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: 1998/01/21

I have run into a problem with the UTL_FILE package. I have a procedure that is called by the Oracle Web Server 2.1 (on 7.3.2.3) that uses UTL_FILE. This procedure was working fine for the longest time. But recently, every time the procedure is called, oracle generates a trace file and returns an error.

According to Oracle support, there is a known bug in UTL_FILE and OWS 2.1., but since everything was working fine for close to 6 months, I am not too convinced that that is the case.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.