Re: conText option

From: Garrett Kaminaga <gkaminag_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1998/01/21

Meng Kiat TAN wrote:

[regarding ConText option URL datastore]

> Question is :
> 1) How can my application display the result because my table does not
> contain the actual document?

It depends on the application. If it's a web app, you can give back the URL and let the browser display the page. If this is something you are going to do often, it would be better to copy the page text to your local machine and use the OSFILE datastore -- one of the purposes of the URL datastore is to index web pages without having to store them on the local machine.

> 2) Also...can the url_string be an owa call instead of just being a
> static file?

It can be any valid URL as long as there is a web server listening and interpreting the URL. We won't detect that it is a owa call -- you will have to go through the web server

Garrett Kaminaga                          Oracle ConText Server Group