Confused about Paritioned Tables

From: <bbristol_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1998/01/21

I'm a little confused about partitioned tables in Oracle 8 (we're still on 7.3.3).

I'm aware that each partition can be in its own tablespace, but does Oracle actually create TABLES with the partition name?

i.e. If you create table EMPLOYEES with partitions PART1, PART2, and PART3, are tables created with those names?

Thank you!

-Bruce

      http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Post to Usenet Received on Wed Jan 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CST