Re: How to backup database to Tape on NT platform. Desperate!!!

From: Richard Hoffbeck <rwh_at_visi.com>
Date: 1998/01/21

[This followup was posted to comp.databases.oracle.server and a copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <34c5fdf5.54534376_at_news.iac.net>, mwagoner_at_no.spam.iac.net says...
> SNIP
>
> >both will backup files that NT thinks are open. You could also change
> >the registry value to get NTBACKUP to backup open files.
>
> SNIP
>
> Do you happen to know what these entries are?

Open up regedit and go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Ntbackup\Backup Engine

Now change to value for the 'backup files inuse' to 1 to backup open files. You might also want to go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Ntbackup\User Interface

and change the 'Wait Time' to 0. If I remember correctly, ntbackup will still wait for 'wait time' seconds to see if an open file gets closed before proceeding. If someone has a copy of Office open it really slows things down to wait for each DLL to time out.

--rick Received on Wed Jan 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CST