Re: JDBC Thin Driver

From: Craig R. McClanahan <cmcclanahan_at_mytown.net>
Date: 1998/01/21

Note also that the restriction on database and web server being the same machine only applies to applets (for the normal security restriction reasons related to network connections). I have used the JDBC Thin driver from a Java application installed on my client machine with no problems (assuming no firewall gets in the way, but that's a different story ...).