Oracle Names Server

From: Nancy Teh <nancy.teh_at_cc.monash.edu.au>
Date: 1998/01/21

We would like some help on setting up Oracle Names Server.

We have been using tnsnames for the client to connect to the server. But now we want to implement oracle names server. We have attempted to use net8asst to set up our names.ora and sqlnet.ora files and are having problems connecting. The server is a Digital Unix machine running Oracle8. The clients are PCs running Oracle8 Client on win95.

We are new in this area and would appreciate any sugestion in setting up the oracle names server. A step by step instruction would be most helpful.

Please reply to nancy.teh_at_cc.monash.edu.au

Thank you
Nancy Teh Received on Wed Jan 21 1998 - 00:00:00 CST