Oracle 8 with Intersolv Drivers (3.x)

From: <altan_khendup_at_peoplesoft.com>
Date: 1998/01/20

Hello all!

  I have a question that hopefully someone can answer or at least point me in the right direction.

  We have Oracle 8 (8.0.3) in-house on a Sun box (Ultra 2 Enterprise) with Solaris 2.6. We have installed Intersolv ODBC (vesrion 3.01) drivers on a Sun client (Sparc 5 with Solaris 2.5.1). We have also installed the drivers onto a Windows 95 client.

  Here's the problem. The Windows95 client connects - no prob. The Sun client dies with an error where it cannot resolve a symbol. According to someone here, Intersolv is ok against Oracle 8 but only for Sql*Net v2.

  Net 8 supports connectivity for oracle 8 clients and sql*net v2 clients. But since it is not working, our users want to consider installing the listener for sql*net v2 from Oracle 7.3.3. Then we can have two listeners running.

  Anyone got some input?? I'm still waiting for official word from Intersolv but according to them, Net 8 should work fine with their product. So what I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas??

  Please send a respone to altan_khendup_at_peoplesoft.com.

  Many thanks all!!

  Sincerely,

  Altan Khendup
  Senior DBA