Re: Finding IP address of client

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1998/01/20

Neil Chandler wrote in message ...
>In article <34bfdde6.6509848_at_news.dlc.fi>, Aarre Heikkilä wrote:
>
>V$SESSION Does have the client host name on it, but this is NOT the IP
address.

<snipped>

There's is a round about way of doing it using NetBIOS. Most of the time the OSUSER column in v$session contains the NetBIOS name of the PC client (NetBIOS over IP in Win95).

Use the NBTSTAT command (NT or Win95) to do a remote display of the that PC's name table, e.g. NBTSTAT -a NEILC

This command should then display some stuff (not useful in this case), but it would also have resolved that NetBIOS name to an IP address. Unfortunately this is now stored in your local remote-name-cache-table, so you need to run NBTSTAT -c to dump the cache and find the IP address.

Alternatively, I think that you can turn some high level tracing on for the listener and use listener log traces to determine the ip address.

regards,
Billy Received on Tue Jan 20 1998 - 00:00:00 CST