Re: Server's System Memory Error running PL/SQL!

From: Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Date: 1998/01/19

"YyWong" <yywong_at_Comp.HKBU.Edu.HK> writes:

>I have write a package and try to store it in the Oracle Database.
>Recently, as I try to run this package, and out of process memory
>error message is displayed! (The message is copy-paste as follows)

>Do anyone has encounter this type of problem and/or give me some
>suggestion on solving this problem?

This error says that there is no memory on the OS side to allocate to your pga. Is this the case? If so, you might want to figure out what's really happening - if you're running your db environment that close to your total memory on the server, it might be time for an upgrade, or maybe increase your swap. But more likely something else is going on that's eating up all your mem. Can you post your code, or give an idea what it's doing?

--

Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Senior Consultant, Custom Business Solutions, Inc.