Re: Oracle locking strategy: how does it work

From: Kjell E. Johnsen <kjell.johnsen_at_cadnordic.no>
Date: 1998/01/19

On Sun, 18 Jan 1998 18:19:16 +0100, Ronald van Woensel <rvw_at_incore.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> snip

Hi
You may have an Oracle version with a bug in it. We experienced the same problem with 'early' 7.3.* versions of Oracle. Even plain select statements produced deadlocks. Reporting this to Oracle support an upgrade was suggested to solve the problem, which it did. We now run version 7.3.2.3.0 on the NetWare server. On NT, however, the bug wasn't fixed until version 7.3.3.0. I don't know about other platforms.

Hope this is to any help.

Kjell Received on Mon Jan 19 1998 - 00:00:00 CST