Re: Second Oracle 7.3 instance on NT 4.0

From: Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Date: 1998/01/19

Jeff Hunter <jhunter_at_isrv.com> writes:

>I must not have the correct version of Enterprise Manager to do that.
>No where in Instance Manager do I have an option to create a second
>instance. I am using Enterprise Manager 1.3.5.

Not oem, but Instance Manager. The executable is named oradim73, in $ORACLE_HOME/bin. There's a gui mode (called when you run the program with no arguments), as well as a command line mode.

It's fairly well documented in the NT Getting Started book - you might want to check it out.

--

Nathan D. Hughes <nhughes_at_well.com>
Senior Consultant, Custom Business Solutions, Inc.