INIT.ORA Parameters

From: azaman <azaman_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1998/01/16

Hi Everyone

Please help me understand the following two init.ora parameters:

                 o  sql_trace
                 o  timed_statistics

Questions:

  1. Can I set these parameters to TRUE at session level ?
  2. If timed_statistics is set to TRUE and sql_trace set to FALSE at instance level , is the system incurring any overheads because of timed_statistics being set to TRUE ?
  3. Is this a sensible plan : Have timed_statistics set to TRUE and sql_trace set to FLASE at instance level.
             Only  set  sql_trace  to TRUE  at  session level if
             required.

I will really appreciate an -email with any information.

Arif Zaman ( azaman_at_ibm.net) Received on Fri Jan 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST