Re: OPS (ORACLE 8) and HACMP

From: Wim Coekaerts <wcoekaer_at_pacbell.net>
Date: 1998/01/16

tae sik wrote:

> I don't know wheather I need HACMP to use ORACLE 8 as parallel mode on
> AIX.
> When I used ORACLE 7 as parallel mode I used HACMP which gave lock
> manager.
> As I read in the manual of the ORACLE 8 it was said that we need a
> distributed lock manager of the underlying OS.
actually, in o8 we kind of integrated the lock manager in the database, eg as an oracle process, which pretty much already was the case for AIX anyways because as far as I know aix did not have a fault tolerant lockmanager, but on other systems oracle used the OS lockmanager. now in 8 they changed this, to be less vendor dependant.. or so was the idea... but we still need something like a nodecomponent, which is from the vendor, so like 75% is now integrated but the node monitor is still used on OS / vendor level.. if this makes any sense. I am not aix expert but hacmp is used to check the heartbeat of the nodes right ? if that is the case I assume you will need it for o8 as well.

Wim Received on Fri Jan 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST