Re: HOw to know which optimiser server using

From: Karl E. Jørgensen <kjorg_at_msn*DOT*com>
Date: 1998/01/16

Try:

SQL> connect system/password
SQL> select * from v$parameter where name like '%opt%';

       NUM NAME                       TYPE VALUE           ISDEFAULT
       174 optimizer mode                2 CHOOSE          FALSE

If you don't have the system password, check with your system administrator - he should be able to answer your question.

Remember that this is determined by the init.ora parameter OPTIMIZER MODE (American spelling - not British), so it can change from one database to the other.

Hope this helps

--
Karl
Oracle Certified DBA