Re: How often a table is accessed?

From: John P. Higgins <jh33378nospam_at_deere.com>
Date: 1998/01/16

Joseph Sumalbag wrote:

> Anything like a querry for a cummulative data rather than a
> current one , Not time based sampling ?????
>
> I believe we were looking for some info like
> This table has been accessed n times since the database has been
> started ...
> This index has been used n time since the databse has been
> started ...

The V$SQLAREA view contains this for tables. It has a row for every cursor opened in the database. (Note: if the shared pool is to small, a LRU algorithm overwrites old entries.) You would have to parse the SQL statement to determine which table(s) the statement uses. You could sum all the uses of a table by command_type.

I didn't say this is easy! Received on Fri Jan 16 1998 - 00:00:00 CST