Calling PACKAGEs from OCI C applications

From: Mark E. Hansen <meh_at_unify.com>
Date: 1998/01/15

I'm using OCI Version 7, and need to call a package in the Oracle version 8 database server that I've connected to. The specific package is DBMS_ROWID, and the method is ROWID_TO_EXTENDED.

Does anyone have some advice on how to call this from my OCI C application? When I treat it as a normal statement, I get back the error 904: Invalid Column Name.

For those who want to know, here is what I do:

oopen()

oparse() with a statement text of:

"SELECT DBMS_ROWID.ROWID_TO_EXTENDED('AAAABBBB.CCCC.DDDD', 'auth',   'table', rowid_convert_external) FROM DUAL"

Where the rowid variable is a rowid that I've constructed from the parts in the Cda_Def structure after an INSERT statement. I'm trying to convert this "restricted" rowid into an "extended" rowid.

I looked into the PL/SQL Manual for any information on calling PL/SQL statements from within OCI applications, but can't find anything.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

--
Mark E. Hansen                            Internet: mailto:meh_at_Unify.Com
Unify Corporation                              WWW: http://www.unify.com

       ** That which is without remedy should be without regard **
- w.s.