PUBLIC:Re: Has anyone developed applications with DB's over 100GB?

From: Eugen Nyffeler <eugen.nyffeler_at_ubs.com>
Date: 1998/01/15

Marc Jacobson wrote:

> I have never heard of a database so enormous. But I would think the only
> common database that might be capable would be DB2.

Welcome to the world of Oracle.
I've worked with DB's in this size and larger on Oracle under Unix. One problemarea was the backup/restore of this DB's due to 7*24h availability , also sometimes the queries over tables with 30Million rows (and up), wrong joined or queries which coudn't use indexes. The most importend part is a sound DB design.

if i'm right Oracle is also used on DB's in the tera byte area.

rgds
eugen Received on Thu Jan 15 1998 - 00:00:00 CST