Re: Should I go 4 Oracle 8

From: Lori Baysdon <lbaysdon_at_metasys.com>
Date: 1998/01/15

I ran beta Oracle8 NT for a year and have been running the released 8.03 since it became available. It seems stable to me if stability is your question - I'm still having more problems with 7.3.X bugs than with 8. I work in a development shop, so granted we haven't hammered the db with tons of data - but I like it. I am now running Oracle8 on Digital Unix and HP-UX as well - still in the testing phases, but as soon as one of our customers wants our product certified on Oracle8 we'll be confident to let it go out the door.