Re: Deciphering Oracle REDO Log

From: Joseph Sumalbag <joseph_sumalbag_at_bose.com>
Date: 1998/01/15

Hi Mike,
I don't know how you are going to generate sql scripts from the redo logs since the redo log what is in the redo log are data blocks that was changed on the database ... the change can be caused by insert , delete , update , drop , or create .

The redo log doesn't contain the record of the statement that caused those changes but rather the before image of the changes that was done on the database for a specific SCN .

Of course I could be wrong .... if you find a way , I'll be very interested to know how ...

Ciao .

| Joseph Sumalbag
|
| Oracle DBA
|

| The opinions expressed above are my own and doesn't
 necessarily                           |