Internal data structures visualization?

From: Helmut Stöcklin <Helmut.Stoecklin_at_munich.netsurf.de>
Date: 1998/01/14

I am reading Rama Velpuri's Handbook about Oracle Backup and recovery (version 7 ).
With regard to the internal datastructures recovery depends on ( like change vectors, SCNs, block version numbers, datafile headers to just name a few ) the book goes into quite some detail.
However, to be honest, being relatively new to Oracle Server, I got lost somehow. I think there's quite some room for improvement of the book regarding visualization of all the datastructures used.
Can somebody help me here, by giving a pointer to documentation, books or the like? As far as I have found the official documentation set doesn't even mention many of the structures I am seeking further explanation for.
Any help would be really appreciated.

Helmut Received on Wed Jan 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CST