HELP: Read-Only Snapshots (Security)

From: Leonid Lamburt <ll01_at_gte.com>
Date: 1998/01/14

Please help:

I am trying to sync two databases by creating Read-Only snapshots in the target database.
As I understand, I also have to create a dblink in the target database for automatic snapshot refresh. Because of lack of experience, I cannot assess the security conseqences of
this approach.
Lets say, the security of the target database is compromized (the intruder has access
to the objects of the user that created the snapshots).  Does it mean that the security of the source database is also compromized?  (If yes, than in what way?)

Thanks in advance.

Leonid Received on Wed Jan 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CST