Re: Should I go 4 Oracle 8

From: Wim Coekaerts <wcoekaer_at_pacbell.net>
Date: 1998/01/14

Nabil Courdy wrote:

> I have a project which is getting to be in its late
> development state. It is running Oracle 7.3 (latest)
> on Windows NT 4.0. I am contemplating going to 8
> before we go into production. Is this a good idea as
> far as the robustness and stability of the newer 8
> release.
>
> Nabil Courdy
> moab_at_emirates.net.ae
>
> --

Oracle 8 is full production and is stable release, as of 8.0.3, one should not 'wait' to go to 8.0.4 or so... From Oracle side 8.0.3 is considered production... it has been very well tested.

Actually all oracle software is also certified against 8.0.3 With 8.0.3 it was decided not to ship this as default server when ordering, but from 8.0.4 on, if you order a server from support or so, upgrade or what not, by default it will be 8.0.4 ,when it comes generally production.

cheers
Wim Received on Wed Jan 14 1998 - 00:00:00 CST