Re: Are nested Updateable Snapshots possible with Oracle8

From: Sheilah Scheurich <scheuric_at_wantnospamsprynetatall.com>
Date: 1998/01/14

You could try building a master group of the snapshots you want to update. In other words, the first master site would be the primary (parent site). The next site (child site) would be created. Once created, create another master group in the child site only now, it becomes the parent and subsequent sites will be the children. Performance is going to become a really big issue, not to mention conflict resolution issues. I would try with only one or two tables to begin with, first to see if it works, and secondly to see how it performs. Keep in mind, updateable snapshots can only be simple snapshots (no group by or subselects).

-Sheilah Scheurich