Re: TNS Errors 12500, 12540, 12560, 00510

From: fred krimmelbein <fred_krimmelbein_at_sabre.com>
Date: 1998/01/14

The way I handled this situation was in the oracle profile and in shared memory.

In the Oracle users profile add ulimit -n 1024. in the Shared memory set the oracle SGA to use no more than 80% or real system memory ( not real+swap ) this will fix it. If you are running multiple instances configure the sum of the SGA's to be no more than 80% or real system memory.